Thursday, May 31, 2012

May madness

First picking
Every year, I forget how much time is devoted to gardening and canning, and family life! I was in Kansas City for the week of the 15th of May for some continuing education for my quilting life. Before I left, we attended 3 graduation receptions and canned meat from 7 chickens (the day before and day I left). Attended classes Monday through Thursday, came home Friday, canned from 15 more hens on Saturday and Sunday, attended another graduation reception, worked Monday and Tuesday, and Wed, Thursday and Friday cleaned house for company for my nephew's wedding on Saturday!!! Whew. But what fun, I was so proud of my neices and nephew, they are such lovely adults, they were good kids,too! I fought tears all day of the wedding. Had a great visit from a favorite aunt, though I think I should say that they are all favorites!! And now, I am finally back in to the swing of quilting away. Oh, the blueberries and raspberries are getting ripe, too!!
Chicken stock, bonus from canning meat!


One little patch of blackberries..loaded


The kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment